Thursday 20 February 2014

Rice noodle, butternut squash and bean salad with roasted chicken breast

For the base of the salad I boiled rice noodles, rinsed them in cold water and left them to drain. I then tossed the noodles in a mixing bowl with salad leaves, mixed beans and raw pepper. Next, I drizzled this in a mix of olive oil, crushed mint and garlic. 

On gas mark 6, I roasted the chicken breast and butternut squash in coconut oil, a pinch of turmeric, garlic, salt, and pepper for 25-30 minutes. 

Meanwhile, I sautéed some broccoli, brussel sprouts and chopped onion in coconut oil over a medium heat. I added crushed garlic, grated ginger, salt, and pepper for flavour. Once this is done, plate it up and it is ready for you to enjoy! :)



Beans are high in anti-oxidants that will help to fight against disease and aging. They are also a great source of both protein and fibre, making them great for your waist-line. On top of this, Beans are low in sugar and are digested slowly, leaving you feeling satisfied for much longer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment